freetds - Re: [freetds] freebcp out from MS SQL Server drops spaces [NC]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Konrad J Hambrick <konrad AT payplus.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freebcp out from MS SQL Server drops spaces [NC]
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:33:57 -0500

On 07/09/2009 09:35 AM, Cedric ROUVRAIS wrote:

... <snip> ...

*/
if (rows_written % 1000 == 0) {
printf("%d rows successfully bulk-copied to
host-file.\n", rows_written);
}

Since freebcp supports the -b batchsize option, should the rows_written
be compared to the const 1000 or to pdata->batchsize ?

Should the messages be written to stdout or to stderr (via fprintf( )) ?

On another note, I kinda like having the output supressed ... With that
in mind, would it make sense to add a -q (be quiet) flag ?

Off topic ... do general hints work in 0.82 ? (specifically the ORDER Hint
that tells the server that the bcp'd data is already sorted in Primary Key
Order (ORDER(column [ASC | DESC] [,...n])).

Example: freebcp ... -h 'ORDER( PKeySeg1, PKeySeg2, PKeySeg3 )' ...

I had problems with that in Version 0.64 and have been running an ugly hack
ever since (loading data pre-sorted by the CLUSTERED PrimaryKeys takes much
less server resources than unsorted (or unhinted) data)..

Thanks.

-- kjh