freetds - Re: [freetds] freebcp out from MS SQL Server drops spaces [NC]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freebcp out from MS SQL Server drops spaces [NC]
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:35:47 -0400

Hi,

Sent the source code to you and James.

In a nutshell, at the end of bcp::_bcp_exec_out inserted two segments:

/**
* Per ANSI Spec for fixed width character
columns, pad with spaces
* It would be more efficient to not trim the
data provided by the database, but that
* requires more extensive code change above.
*/
if ((curcol->column_type == SYBCHAR) &&
(buflen < curcol->column_size)) {
int pad;
for (pad = buflen; pad <
curcol->column_size; pad++) {
written = fwrite(" ", 1, 1,
hostfile);
if (written < 1) {
dbperror(dbproc, SYBEBCWE,
errno);
return FAIL;
}
}
}

and

/** Output some progres information like Sybase BCP does
*/
if (rows_written % 1000 == 0) {
printf("%d rows successfully bulk-copied to
host-file.\n", rows_written);
}

In the freebcp.c source code added : after t: to make it an optional
argument option.

while ((ch = getopt(argc, argv,
"m:f:e:F:L:b:t::r:U:P:I:S:h:T:A:O:0:ncEdvV")) != -1) {

Changed the case processing segment to

case 't':
pdata->tflag++;
if (optarg == NULL) {
pdata->fieldterm = '\0';
pdata->fieldtermlen = 0;
} else {
pdata->fieldterm = strdup(optarg);
pdata->fieldtermlen = unescape(pdata->fieldterm);
}
break;

And replaced
if (!pdata->tflag || !pdata->fieldterm) { /* field terminator
not specified */
With
if (!pdata->tflag) { /* field terminator not specified */

a++ Cedric

|------------------------------
| Frediano Ziglio
| <freddy77 AT gmail.c
| om>
| Sent by:
| freetds-bounces@l
| ists.ibiblio.org
|

| 07/09/2009 09:26
| AM
|

| Please respond to
| FreeTDS
| Development Group
| <freetds AT lists.ib
| iblio.org>

FreeTDS Development Group
<freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [freetds] freebcp out
from MS SQL Server drops
spaces [NC]

2009/7/9 Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>:
> Hi Frediano,
>
> I am not a vendor, just a simple first time user.
>
> a++ Cedric

I know, but you reported a misbehavior between FreeTDS and Microsoft
application