freetds - Re: [freetds] sql.h not found problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] sql.h not found problem
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:56:10 -0400

RUSSELL DILKS wrote:

> If I run a make on it I get:
> connectparams.c:90: error static declaration of
> 'SQLGetPrivateProfileString' follows non-static declaration.
> /usr/include/odbcinst.h.170: error previous declaration of
> 'SQLPrivateProfileString' was here

configure.ac (which is read by autoconf to produce the configure script)
tests whether or not SQLGetPrivateProfileString is defined by the DM in
libodbcinst. The declaration on line 90 is used only if that test fails.

The version on my machine includes it:

$ ldd $(command -v isql) | awk '/libodbc/ {print $3}'
/usr/local/lib/libodbc.so.1

$ nm /usr/local/lib/libodbcinst.so | grep -w SQLGetPrivateProfileString
00005170 T SQLGetPrivateProfileString

Sometimes problems like this are caused by multiple copies of the library
or header file, or from partial reconfigurations. I'd make sure there's
just one version of that file and of the DM header files. Then I'd "rm
-rf" the FreeTDS build directory and start again.

HTH.