freetds - Re: [freetds] Build problems on HP-UX Itanium ia64

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Build problems on HP-UX Itanium ia64
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:49:47 +0200

Il giorno lun, 22/06/2009 alle 10.24 +0000, Goyal, Pravin Shyam ha
scritto:
> Hi Chris,
> Even I am working on compiling freetds on HP-UX IA 64 machines from past 2
> weeks. Let us work together. For me I have successfully installed unixODBC
> and now when I install freetds ignoring the make and make check errors the
> isql connection hangs up.
>
> Let us work together. Attached is the errors that I get:
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Pravin Goyal

I would go back and make tsql working before. It seems you have a
possible problem with iconv. Try installing libiconv or disable iconv
(I'd personally prefer first way!).

Build FreeTDS and try to connect with tsql either using freetds.conf or
using -H and -p options. Have you also tried with ping to server (to see
name resolution) and telnet (to see connectivity) ?