freetds - [freetds] How does one actually *use* FreeTDS?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "lists AT mgreg.com" <lists AT mgreg.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] How does one actually *use* FreeTDS?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 10:54:21 -0400

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused as to how to actually go about using the FreeTDS library. My ultimate goal is to be able to use it as my means of contact with MS SQL Server from Mac OS 10.5.6. I see all kinds of documentation regarding installation, but very little about actual use cases.

Perhaps I have the wrong thing in mind, but I'm looking to use the ODBC Administrator to set up a DSN and take it from there. I also have unixODBC installed, but am not quite sure if what I'm looking for is directly possible?

FYI, I've installed FreeTDS via Macports and have done no manual configuration, but I'm more than happy to go back and manually install if that will provide me with what I need.

Best,
Michael