freetds - Re: [freetds] [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:54:32 -0500

rasiel payumo wrote:
> could you please tell me where i can find the FreeTDS source tree?

If you want the complete sources (not that many files, but more than two,
you can download the current stable release version from:

http://www.freetds.org/

(http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/freetds-stable.tgz).

To get the two files you need from CVS, also on the main page you'll find
a link to "Browse CVS". If you follow that, three or four clicks will
take you to osql revision 1.7 (
http://freetds.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/freetds/freetds/src/apps/osql?revision=1.7&view=markup).
Navigate similarly to the doc directory for the man page text.

> when i typed "man osql" in my putty it's said that there's no manual
> entry for osql..

You might have an old version, or it might not be installed, or not
installed in the right place. No matter. Run the osql script, see if it
helps, and let us know. Also read up in the manual for the TDSDUMP and
TDSDUMPCONFIG variables; they can help troubleshoot connection problems.

> sorry, i'm new to linux

No matter. Everyone starts somewhere. It gets better with time. :-)