freetds - Re: [freetds] [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:46:31 -0500

rasiel payumo wrote:
> when i run a sample odbc php connection file, an error occurs:
> [freetds] [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found,
> and no default driver specified

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/usefreetds.htm#UTILITIES

In your FreeTDS source tree, you should find:

src/apps/osql
doc/osql.txt

"man osql" should also show the man page.

If you don't have these in your distribution, you can use any more recent
distribution or download them from CVS.

osql is a Bourne shell script that checks your ODBC setup. If it
succeeds, it invokes unixODBC's isql utility. If it fails, it points out
where you went wrong. If neither of those happens for you, it's a bug,
and I'd be much obliged if you'd report it. (Patches also accepted!)

You can also use TDSDUMPCONFIG to log the severname lookup process. ODBC
also has a trace facility, but I don't think that would be much help here.

HTH.