freetds - Re: [freetds] mission: emulate "trusted login"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] mission: emulate "trusted login"
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 18:50:00 -0500

Craig Berry wrote:

> I don't know but there is a *lot* of authentication documentation here:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa374735(VS.85).aspx

Thanks Craig. Yup, that's in the neighborhood. At least I'm on the right
track.

I'm hoping to find out the values for:

function_name( ... &magic_value );
credential = do_something(magic_value); // optional
tds_putn(... credential);

I'm not quite sure what the "credential" is, technically, that is passed
as part of the login sequence, nor how to produce it, nor what is needed
to produce it.

But at least I know I'm wading in the right, er, pool. ;-)