freetds - Re: [freetds] Issue with FreeTDS and Oracle DG4ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Frediano Ziglio" <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Issue with FreeTDS and Oracle DG4ODBC
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:27:12 +0100

> Hi.
>

> I have set up FreeTDS 64bit with Oracle DG4ODBC 11.1.0.6 and it is
> working most of the time but a particular SQL query returns:
>

> ORA-28528: Heterogeneous Services datatype conversion error
>

> I have logged this with Oracle support and they suggested the
> following:
>

> Either -
>
> 1. Use a compatible 64-bit ODBC driver that handles SQLLEN as a 64-bit
> value.

FreeTDS is compatible

> 2. It may be possible to re-compile the driver to handle SQLLEN
> correctly for 64-bit. See note 554409.1. Thi is to recompile the
> ODBC driver after setting the flag -
>
> CFLAGS="-DBUILD_REAL_64_BIT_MODE"
>
> but you will have to to chekc with FreeTDS to see if this will work.
>

> Will FreeTDs support this ? I installed FreeTDS version 0.82 from
> download freetds-stable.tgz and used the following to install:

This flag is a DM (Driver Manager) flag specifically a unixODBC flag. It
change some
defines in ODBC includes, FreeTDS should detect odbc_config flags and
compile with proper
definitions. Note that you MUST compile all stuff (Oracle Heterogeneous
Services, unixODBC
and FreeTDS) with the same flags!!

> tar -zxvf freetds-stable.tgz
> cd /root/install/freetds-0.82
>
> make clean; make distclean
>

> ./configure -prefix=/opt/freetds --with-tdsver=8

I think is --prefix here

> make
>
> make install

Ok, steps are correct. Only make install require root access (and only cause
prefix use
system directories).

> Any help ? Thanks.

bye