freetds - [freetds] long way to WCHAR...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] long way to WCHAR...
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:14:39 +0200

Today I commited some patch for SQL_C_WCHAR/SQL_(VAR)CHAR.
Although not complete there was many improvements. Now libTDS is set so it
doesn't convert
strings but conversion occurs in ODBC in SQLFetch/SQLGetData. This lead to
some
differencies:
- client utf8 encoding comsume less space
- conversions to SQL_C_BINARY returns unconverted strings, this is compliant
to MS
behavior
- in indicator we can have SQL_NO_TOTAL meaning there is more data to read
but we don't
know how much, this could break some compatibility
Mostly tests works except utf8 (see
http://freetds.sourceforge.net/up/out83/test/, only
utf8 fails for conversion issues) but I should commit another patch that fix
the problem.

Note however that tests for new types are not complete with SQL_C_WCHAR
complitely
missing.

So... stay tuned :)