freetds - Re: [freetds] Connectivity problem from Linux to Sql Server 2000usingFreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Murugesan, Prasanna Venkatesh" <prasannavenkatesh.murugesan AT etrade.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Connectivity problem from Linux to Sql Server 2000usingFreeTDS
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 03:54:58 -0400

HI James ,

I am new to freetds and PERL, I am trying to connect to sql server
from the prompt using

"TDSDUMP=freetds.log TDSVER=7.0 tsql -H10.182.92.68 -p3531 -Uibia_ir -P"

locale is "C"
locale charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
Msg 18456, Level 14, State 1, Server , Line 0
Login failed for user 'ibia_ir'.
Msg 20002, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Adaptive Server connection failed
There was a problem connecting to the server.

Please Find attached the log. I am using the sqlserver login in the user
name and password switches . I don't know how to proceed now, Please
help me to decode the issue, Whether the issues is in Linux side or in
the sql server side.

Thanks,
Prasanna
P.S : I am able to establish connection to the server in the same ip and
port using telnet