freetds - Re: [freetds] One row good, two rows "memory exhausted"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] One row good, two rows "memory exhausted"
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:20:25 -0400

Mark Bird wrote:
> Looks like you're right about dbsetopt being
> called with 14 as the first argument

Yes, it's here:

> dblib.c:4208:dbsetopt(0x55555a49f170, 14, 2, -1)

That sets the row buffer to two rows. I bet this query works:

select 1 as Q
union
select 2

but more than two rows fails.

Perhaps whether or not row buffering is used is under user control, or
perhaps you can use another version that doesn't use it or uses it
correctly.

Please provide details on the PHP module you're using, and contact the
maintainer. I'm happy to work with them to correct any flaws in our
implementation and answer any questions about correct use.