freetds - [freetds] Freetds slow on large inserts

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Marco Baurdoux" <marco.baurdoux AT tourisoft.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Freetds slow on large inserts
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:10:17 +0200

Hello,

Having used Freetds for quite some projects over the last couple of years
this is the first time I've come across a small problem.

We are connecting to a SQL2000 DB via freetds 0.82 with tds-ver=8 via PHP
4.4.9 (Yes I know we should upgrade :-)). That works fine. Selects work
fine.

However when we try to perform a "large" insert query we mostly reach the
apache Time-out. By large insert I mean creating around 3'000 records in one
transaction.

I've been trying to find some other posts about this issue but haven't been
able to find a satisfying solution. The only thing I've found is that it is
not related to Freetds. OK fine, however in this configuration this is the
only point where I believe someone can provide me with some help and believe
me I need some help.

So anyone?

Thanks in advance

Marco Baurdoux