freetds - Re: [freetds] Status of UTF-8 support in 0.83 dev

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Status of UTF-8 support in 0.83 dev
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 16:50:39 +0200

Yep that patch works for me, as long as sending data to the server is
concerned.
Thanks a lot for this.

Now I ran into another little problem when fetching data back into small char
sizes:

Seems that when using a small column size like NCHAR(2), the data is properly
insert in the table,
but when fetching back I get NULLs ...???

I will double check if I use properly SQLBindCol() and get back to you.

Seb

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
Frediano,

I have just tested latest sources with SQLBindParameter using:

ParameterType = SQL_WVARCHAR
ColumnSize = 2

It works now but I just wanted to confirm something with you:

When binding with SQL_VARCHAR (no W) with ColumnSize=20, SQL Server
Profile trace shows the parameter for sp_prepare is defined as:

@P1 VARCHAR(20)

When binding with SQL_WVARCHAR, I see following type:

@P1 NVARCHAR(40)
^^----!!!

Even if ColumnSize=20 ...

Why 40 and not 20? Is this expected?