freetds - [freetds] I am Not getting connection.. to SQL SERVER

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Hema Gonaboina" <hema.gonaboina AT solivar.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] I am Not getting connection.. to SQL SERVER
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:50:33 +0000

Hi Guys !
I installed the FreeTDS based the rules through the below link..

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoConnectToMicrosoftSQLServerFromRailsOnLinux

I installed the FreeTDS
# tsql -S YOUR_DB_DEFINITION_NAME -U USERNAME -P PASSWORD The Command Worked
fine
> The Server located in remote system.. it's name is the rohitm(System Name)
> in which the sqlserver presented
> The database name which i have to connect is hsaedi_development
user name is "sa"

My /etc/odbc.ini File is as below
[SqlDB]
Driver = FreeTDS
Description = ODBC via FreeTDS
Server = rohitm
Port = 1433
Database = hsaedi_development
User = sa
Password = password
Mars_Connection = No
Logging = 0
LogFile =

/etc/odbcinst.ini File is as below

[FreeTDS]
Description = TDS driver (Sybase/MS SQL)
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Setup = /usr/lib/odbc/libtdsS.so
CPTimeout =
CPReuse =
FileUsage = 1
DontDLClose = 1
UsageCount = 1

Now the command # isql SqlDB sa sa123 throwing the error

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Can AnyOne Help me regarding these Where i went wrong i can't understand