freetds - [freetds] Backporting NTLMv2 (was: NTLMv2 support for domain logins using freetds)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Backporting NTLMv2 (was: NTLMv2 support for domain logins using freetds)
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:27:36 +0200

Hi,
I quite finished merging Sergey Sikorskiy patch for NTLMv2. Well... to say
all I'm quite
ready for backport but I have a problem... compatibility. Currently CVS HEAD
implementation use NTLMv2 always. There is no problem to add a use_ntlmv2 to
TDSCONNECTION
but this require a new option to set this flag, all this require less than 10
rows, the
problem is not implementation, but mainly compatibility. If we add an option
is supposed
that this option will work on future versions... or not?? Personally I think
that if
NTLMv2 is available use it or use former version, but how to detect this?? I
currently
don't know... perhaps if Target Info is available use it? I don't have so many
environment/versions of windows to test with.. which version does not support
NTLMv2??

Regards
Frediano