freetds - Re: [freetds] SQLGetData (bug in ODBC driver)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Suren A. Chilingaryan" <csa AT dside.dyndns.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQLGetData (bug in ODBC driver)
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 22:38:38 +0200

Dear James K. Lowden,

I have reworked a little bit my patch and have implemented unit tests. Actually, in the old patch I have missed the comparison checking if there is still data available. This comparison was again checking processed number of bytes in output buffer against size of source. And BINARY to CHAR conversion (which I said I haven't checked) was actually wrong and even not needed.

Additionally, I have implemented the CHAR to BINARY conversion for SQLPutData. The unit test is checking both SQLGetData and SQLPutData functionality.

The patch against current CVS head is available:
http://dside.dyndns.org/tmp/freetds-20080603-odbc-csa2.patch

and patch against FreeTDS-0.82 is here:
http://dside.dyndns.org/projects/patches.dir/freetds-0.82-odbc-csa2.patch

best regards,
Suren

James K. Lowden wrote:
Suren A. Chilingaryan wrote:
I have checked the modified patch against 0.82. Unfortunately, the first
two chunks are failing. The first one fails just on the patch command
and second one could be applied, but breaks compilation. However, they
are not really related to the described problem and could be omitted.
The patch without them works fine for me. Stripped version of patch is
available here:
http://dside.dyndns.org/tmp/SQLGetData.utf8.odbc.c-r1.diff

Excellent, thank you. Applied to the 0.82 branch.
I'll will try to provide unit tests, but I would need a little bit more
time for that.

I hope you will find the time. It would be valuable.
Thanks again for following up.
Namaskaram,