freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem retrieveing results from a query with an IMAGE field

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Daniel A. Veiga" <dveiga AT advtechnology.com.ar>
  • To: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem retrieveing results from a query with an IMAGE field
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:07:17 -0300 (ART)

In the attached mail you answered me 3 points:

1) Informed me about the existance of cursor6. => Thanks, I'll look at it

2) You think its strange that I had problems with the underlaying TDS
mechanism even after closing the statement and openning another => I'll
check it again. If I find I'm not wrong I'll send the simplest program
possible that produces the error.

3) You're supporting SQL_POSITION in SetPos() and in my previous mail I
said it was not supported => Ugh!! I looked at the wrong bit when I
analyzed the result of SQLGetInfo. Sory.

4) Simple question: I have a query that returns 21 rows and I'm using a
rowset size of 20. I open the query and do SQLFetchScroll(hStmt,
SQL_FETCH_LAST, 0) to retrieve the last 20 rows, rows 2-21 are
returned. Then I do SQLFetchScroll(hStmt, SQL_FETCH_RELATIVE, -20) to
retrieve the previous 20 rows. As there is only one left I would expect
to get a status of SQL_ROW_NOROW in all rows in the rowset except for
the first, but I get rows 1-20. Is there any way of knowing that the
returned rows ar not the the "previous 20 rows" but the "first 20
rows"?

Bye,

Daniel