freetds - Re: [freetds] New RC for freetds-0.82?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] New RC for freetds-0.82?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:03:35 -0400

Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> Will there be a new release candidate for freetds-0.82 that incorporates
>
> the changes in CVS from the past 5 weeks?

Hi Johnny,

Not exactly. The only significant change in CVS HEAD that needs to be
applied 0.82RC5 is the SQLGetData diagnostic. I plan to apply that (and
maybe the FAQ update) in the 0.82 release. I'm not planning another
release candidate.

> Also, what is the proper way
> to run regression tests for FreeTDS?

I'm not sure how to answer your question? I don't need to tell you to
edit the PWD file and run "make check". That's all that comes with the
distribution.

We tend to add new unit tests with each release. The old ones stay pretty
stable, although they're sometimes extended to cover new cases. Rarely,
the test changes because the test was wrong and the tested functionality
was made (more) conformant to the specification. Does that help?

Regards,