freetds - Re: [freetds] ODBC.ini parameter in FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rajesh Akolu" <rajesh.akolu AT ftindia.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ODBC.ini parameter in FreeTDS
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:18:48 +0530

Hi,

Thanks for the response.
We have tried the PacketSize option using following:

Case 1 :
ODBCConfig --> User DSN --> Configure --> "We entered 512 against
PacketSize"

Case 2 :
We used following connecting string in our code (here we did not specify
PacketSize using ODBCConfig):
"DRIVER=FreeTDS; SERVER=ftcpu1164; DATABASE=pubs; UID=<user name>;
PWD=<password>; PacketSize=512"

In both the above cases we did not see any performance difference. The
same result was observed when we did not specify PacketSize in both the
above cases.

Please suggest Thanks in Advance

Thanks & best regards,
Rajesh Akolu
Financial Technologies (India) Ltd.
rajesh.akolu AT ftindia.com
www.ftindia.com

Disclaimer:

The information in this E-mail (which includes any files transmitted
with it) is CONFIDENTIAL and may be legally PRIVILEGED. It is intended
solely for the addressee and access to this email by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you have received it in error, please destroy any
copies of this message, including any attachments, and delete it from
your system notifying the sender immediately. Any disclosure, copying,
distribution, dissemination, forwarding, printing or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it or utilising the same for any
purpose other than what it is intended for, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.