freetds - Re: [freetds] unixodbc and openoffice

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lukasz Szybalski" <szybalski AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] unixodbc and openoffice
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:02:02 -0500

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 1:48 PM, James K. Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org> wrote:

> > You said newer version sets it as a default.... does it set it in some
> > kind of config file? Can I set it myself?
>
> In later versions, the driver is hard-coded to send "SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER
> ON" to the server as soon as the connection is established. (I didn't
> check the source code, but I think that's what Frediano meant.)
>
> There's no config file setting. You can set it yourself by sending that
> string at any time between opening the connection and sending the query.
> You don't even have to send it as a separate batch; this would work:
>
> SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON select * from "tablename"

This works if you type sql in. But with open office you can browse
tables and for me I have over 150 tables so double clicking and
viewing the date is faster then typing select statement each time.

So my option is upgrade to what version?

lucas@debianlaptop:~$ apt-cache policy tdsodbc
tdsodbc:
Installed: 0.63-3.2
Candidate: 0.63-3.2
Version table:
*** 0.63-3.2 0
600 http://debian.uchicago.edu etch/main Packages
450 http://debian.uchicago.edu lenny/main Packages
400 http://debian.uchicago.edu sid/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Don't seem as there is a newer version in Debian repository.

Lucas