freetds - Re: [freetds] ODBC on 64 bit linux fix.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ODBC on 64 bit linux fix.
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:00:56 +0100

> Hello Frediano,
>
> Yes please send us the binaries, but please give a clear description
> (step by step) to execute the test.

I sent you compiled version. Mainly a make with some parameters and
adjustement (--build --arch, export PATH and so on).

> I known nothing about the regression tests (what is "common.[ch]" or
> the PWD file)?

common.c and common.h are just files in src/odbc/unittests. The PWD file
reside in main directory and is used by tests in order to know
- username and password
- server name
- database name
To execute unit tests you need
- a sql server (of course)
- compile FreeTDS
- compile PWD file (we distribute and example PWD.in file)
- run "make check"
To be more specific to odbc test these tests compile flawlessly under
windows even using only files in src/odbc/unittests. To compile just a
single test you can compile any test adding common.c file. To execute it
write a new PWD file following PWD.in example and run it. The only
exeption are some tests which require *.in file (if test is foo.c file
is foo.in) and some test which do not run on windows (cause they require
some unix feature like alarm signals or something else).

> Do we have to compile the test?

If you want to use source yes

> Will you provide us only binaries?
>
> Should we compile the whole HEAD sources on Win64 and run our tests?
>
> Cheers,
> Seb

bye