freetds - Re: [freetds] unixODBC+FreeTDS isql query problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] unixODBC+FreeTDS isql query problems
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:04:44 -0500

Crompton, SY (Shirley) wrote:
> H jkl
>
> Thanks for the info. I append the freeTDS log below for info. Not sure
> if it helps, as it only contains trace for the tsql session and nothing
> is logged for the isql session.

Something isn't right with what you're doing. It's not possible to set
TDSDUMP correctly, execute a query, get a response, and not get a log
file. We already know tsql works; the question is why isql doesn't. (I
think isql itself is OK; I'm trying to help you figure our what's going on
that causes the behavior you're seeing.)

Maybe try something like this:

$ echo 'select * from systypes select count(*) as nrows from systypes' \
> query.txt

$ TDSVER=7.0 TDSDUMP=stdout isql -S [...] < query.txt > query.log

and have a look at query.log. Are there two resultsets (output from two
queries)?

The log you sent used TDS 4.2, I believe. You want 7.0 or 8.0 with a
Microsoft server.

HTH.