freetds - [freetds] Error/Message handling techniques in C++

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sharan Rao <sharanrao AT gmail.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Error/Message handling techniques in C++
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 02:24:02 +0530

Hi,

I am using db-lib alongwith C++ code. Are there any alternatives for error
retrieval / message retrieval other than using callback functions ?
Using callbacks is not really enjoyable in C++ code. As the callback
interface
is not accessible, AFAIK, I'll have to resort to some global variable stuff
:( ( Any better methods ? )

I found a PHP/Sybase implementation of message handling.
http://in2.php.net/manual/en/function.sybase-get-last-message.php

Does such a thing exist in freetds too ? Have I missed it ? ( Hopefully :P )

Cheers!
Sharan Rao