freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS / Apache 2.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marcin Krol <admin AT domeny.pl>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS / Apache 2.2
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:51:00 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have problems getting freetds to work with apache 2.2.6 - everything works
great in apache 1.3 and any version of php, using just about any freetds
compile settings, e.g. those:

./configure --with-tdsver=4.2 --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --enable-msdblib
--enable-dbmfix

Subsequently, freetds is configured for php compilation with this setting:

--with-mssql=/usr/local/freetds

Above procedure works without problems for both php 4 and latest release of
php 5, as long as php is compiled for use in apache 1.3.

However, as soon as I compile it into apache 2.2 I get this:

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: SQL Server connection
timed out. (severity 9) in

or this:

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to
server:

Testing connection using tsql etc works without problems, of course.

Does anybody know what's wrong or encountered this problem before?

I really need to get this working...

--
Marcin Krol