freetds - Re: [freetds] seeking the FA for a Q on db-lib on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] seeking the FA for a Q on db-lib on Windows
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:08:29 -0400

Sergey Semenyuk wrote:
> Just wondering, if my setup works for Roger and there is some demand for
>
> compiling lib-ct using VC++ 2005, maybe I should create a diff with what
> I have changed and send it to freeTDS team? Do you think anyone will be
> interested?

Hi Sergey,

Yes, I think people would be interested. Anyone trying to use DBD::Sybase
on Win32 to talk to a Microsoft server needs FreeTDS. (Well, if they use
the Sybase library very carefully, they might get it to use TDS 4.2, which
Microsoft's server will accept as an ancient client.)

Frediano takes care of the VC++ project files. I'm hoping he can
integrate your diffs into what we've got. Then we can say FreeTDS
compiles on Win32, full stop. Maybe I'll even merge in my defncopy hacks.

Regards,