freetds - Re: [freetds] TDS version for MS SQL 2005?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: crawford charles <fiducianettestz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] TDS version for MS SQL 2005?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:52:44 -0700 (PDT)

Frediano,

A few weeks ago, you mentioned that you had done
some analysis of the TDS9 protocol changes, and hinted
that you might check in some related changes as a file
patch. I found the "small changes for tds 9" checkin
of Aug 24, but nothing since then. Am I looking in
the right place?

Thanks.

The increased row count size in the DONE tokens
is straightforward as you noted, but I do not
understand the other changes you mentioned
(transaction numbers and larger line numbers).
I do have some network traces showing the altered
QUERY (msgType=1) messages, but I have not yet been
able to figure out the new message fields.

C.