freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS (unixODBC) with Qt - Unable to read MSSQL DB

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Andreas Kistler <m_kistler AT gmx.ch>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS (unixODBC) with Qt - Unable to read MSSQL DB
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:13:01 +0200

Hello!

I'm trying to connect to a MsSQL-Server out of Qt 4.3 (direct over odbc.ini).
Qt is able to connect to the database but can not make any further queries.
Even the list of aviable tables ist empty, the amount of empty tablenames or
error messages respectively, however, correlates with the number of existing
tables.
Error output of Qt for each table: qGetStringData: Error while fetching data
(-1)
I've tested the connection with the unixODBC DataManager and I did not have
any problem there.

I'm not sure whether this is a problem of Qt or FreeTDS (first I connected
with the trial-version of Easysoft, which worked fine), but my question in a
Qt-Forum remained unansweret so I try it here...

System details:
freetds: 0.64
unixODBC: 2.2.12
Qt 4.3.1
openSUSE 10.3

Connection details:
TDS 7.0
Port 1433
Server MSSQL Server 7

Cheers and thanx for any help!
Martin

  • [freetds] FreeTDS (unixODBC) with Qt - Unable to read MSSQL DB, Martin Andreas Kistler, 10/15/2007