freetds - Re: [freetds] Segmentation fault in DBLIB - SETUSER/SETPWD

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Segmentation fault in DBLIB - SETUSER/SETPWD
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:40:42 -0400

Amanda Wise wrote:
> I had been reading many conflicting examples that included combinations
> of sybdb.h, tds.h, and dblib.h. Using only sybdb made my code simpler
> and allowed the message handler to run.

Hi Amanda,

You don't need to scrounge around for examples. You have good ones in the
FreeTDS source tree, if I may say so myself.

One of the reasons I wrote bsqldb was to provide an example of a complete
db-lib application. fisql is also a working example that was written for,
and is still used with, Sybase's db-lib.

Your feedback would be helpful. If bsqldb does not help you figure out
what to do in what order, and how, please tell me what the problem is.
Maybe I can incorporate your suggestions.

Regards,