freetds - Re: [freetds] successful configuration for SQL Server 2005 from linux?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] successful configuration for SQL Server 2005 from linux?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:11:45 -0400

Andrew Moore wrote:
> One difference I belive I've noticed between these two
> versions is that with tds version 4.2 I can get the number of rows
> affected returned from a DBD::Sybase::do statement, whereas with
> versions 7.0 or 8.0 I always get -1 returned.

DBD::Sybase uses ct-lib. From your description, it would appear that
there's a ct-lib function that returns the correct rowcount for TDS 4.2
and not for TDS 7.0. (The protocol includes a status bit that indicates
whether or not the rowcount is valid. That might not be percolated up to
the ct-lib API correctly in some cases.)

If we can figure out which ct-lib function is telling DBD::Sybase the
rowcount is unavailable, we can see if in fact is *is* available and, if
so, fix it.