freetds - Re: [freetds] successful configuration for SQL Server 2005 from linux?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] successful configuration for SQL Server 2005 from linux?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:58:44 -0400

Use protocol version 7.0 or 8.0. Also, if you need encryption, I could not get FreeTDS to work with openssl but did get it working with gnutls working properly (thanks to another person on this list who pointed me that direction).

Bob

Andrew Moore wrote:
Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone has had success using FreeTDS to connect to MS
SQL Server 2005 from linux. I don't see anything at
<http://www.freetds.org/userguide/configurations.htm> that mentions
it, but there may be someone out there enjoying success.

We're currently using the DBD::Sybase module on top of FreeTDS with
tds version 4.2 to hit the server. We're getting pretty good success,
but have some out of memory problems and difficulty with placeholders
sometimes. Has anyone had better success with TDS versions 7.0 or 8.0
in a setup like this?

Thanks!
-Andy