freetds - Re: [freetds] Freetds.conf environment variable

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Freetds.conf environment variable
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:37:39 -0400

I just verified this behavior. The tsql command apparently still uses the deprecated FREETDSCONF environment variable rather than using FREETDS (as of the last snapshot I had installed on June 5th). You can easily check it with the -C option to tsql and/or by turning the logging on.

Bob

Rattan, Neeta S wrote:
Hi all,

When I first installed freetds.conf, I was able to use tsql no problem
with the -S option (using the freetds.conf file). I did follow the
advice of pointing my FREETDS environment variable to the .conf file
(for me in /etc/freetds.conf). However, after a reboot of both server
and client, I was unable to connect w/ the -S option of tsql. After
trying to figure out what the problem was, I stumbled across someone who
had set $FREETDSCONF instead - and when I tried this it worked.
However, I don't get it. I have a recent version of FreeTDS (0.64).
I'm not sure how to tell what version the tsql is. Anyway, if anyone
can shed light on the matter, please let me know. Thanks,

Neeta