freetds - [freetds] testing sybase 15

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] testing sybase 15
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:57:53 +0200

See usual automatic tests at http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test3/.
As you can see some tests fails. However... all bcp tests fails cause
when utf8 character conversion is used bcp do not support LONGCHAR (see
http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test3/dblib_bcp.2.html)... 4 tests
fail for this reason. t0007 fails perhaps cause LANGCHAR support empty
string?? describecol fails cause Sybase 15 support bigint but we don't
support bigint for Sybase in wire so it returns bigint as numeric. Also
describecol fails cause translating iso_1 to utf8 server double
characters sizes.

Disabling conversion to utf8 make tests works much better (we have only
the bigint problem)