freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.65 (or whatever) Issues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.65 (or whatever) Issues
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:27:02 -0400

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> - autodetect tds version. The problem is that upper library receive all
> errors/warning/environment change for all possible connection tries. We
> should cache all that things and reissue last try to upper layer

In tds_connect, we can set TDSSOCKET::tds_ctx->err_handler to a special
no-op handler. Restore the client's handler after success or just before
attempting with 4.2.

> - dblib errors, Microsoft/Sybase. I realize that error constants of the
> two library are different!!! This means that libraries are not binary
> compatible and perhaps --enable-msdblib can have some problems...

Well, not a problem, really. It might be interesting to see the
differences. We don't make any claim or attempt at binary compatibility.
If you want to use FreeTDS, you use FreeTDS's sybdb.h. Anything else is a
crapshoot.

> The
> result is that using MS headers and FreeTDS's libraries can lead to
> strange conditions handling errors (errors not handled in the same way).

Example?