freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem trying to install freeTDS 0.64 on aix 5.3.0.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <james.k.lowden AT alliancebernstein.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem trying to install freeTDS 0.64 on aix 5.3.0.0
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:26:30 -0500

You might try replacing the #error directive with:

setsockopt(tds->s, SOL_TCP, TCP_NODELAY, (const void *) &len,
sizeof(len));

Even if the detection of the header file failed, it might still compile.
If it does, you're in good shape.

If that doesn't compile, I think it would be OK to simply delete the
#error directive for now. See below.

Also cf.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/c
om.ibm.aix.prftungd/doc/prftungd/tcp_nodelay_tcp_nagle_limit.htm

> It's related to TCP_NODELAY detection, however I don't understand.
> Perhaps this file is installed by another system package? For some
> reason is this file missing (deleted, renamed or so on) ?

I think the fallback should be to use none of these features. They're
only performance enhancements; the TDS protocol doesn't require them.
We could add a #warning that performance might be adversely affected.

Am I missing something? Do we have metrics on this?

The information contained in this transmission may be privileged and
confidential and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review,
dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply
e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not
accept
account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be
responsible
for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. If you, as the intended
recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our clients,
prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services and products, would
not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply"
to the
sender indicating your wishes. In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New
York,
NY 10105.