freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem trying to install freeTDS 0.64 on aix 5.3.0.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem trying to install freeTDS 0.64 on aix 5.3.0.0
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:26:14 +0100

> Hi All,
>
> My first post on the freetds list, and a bit of a unix
> newbie, so here goes.
>
> I am having problems attempting to install the freeTDS
> software on our aix
> 5.3.0.0 server. I have downloaded the most recent stable
> release (0.64) of
> freeTDS, and have installed unixODBC within the /usr/local/unixODBC
> directory.
>
> I ran the configure script for freeTDS with the following options:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freeTDS
> --with-unixodbc=/usr/local/unixODBC
>
> I have also tried the --disable-shared option, after looking
> through the
> list archive it seems that it could be beneficial to have
> that option for
> aix. Unfortunately I get the same result.
>
> The configure script seems to go through ok, however when I
> then enter the
> make command, I get the following error:
>
> net.c:188:2: error: #error One should be defined
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>
> I've attached both the configure and make details, hopefully
> I've given all
> the information necessary but please let me know if I need to
> give any more.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Darren
>
> <<Configure.txt>> <<Make.txt>>

It's related to TCP_NODELAY detection, however I don't understand. From
manual pages AIX define and support this configuration
(http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/aix/libs/commtrf2/setsockopt.htm or
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/c
om.ibm.aix.commtechref/doc/commtrf2/setsockopt.htm) in netinet/tcp.h
however out configure seems to not detect this file:

checking netinet/tcp.h usability... no
checking netinet/tcp.h presence... no
checking for netinet/tcp.h... no

Perhaps this file is installed by another system package? For some
reason is this file missing (deleted, renamed or so on) ?