freetds - Re: [freetds] odbc unit test results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] odbc unit test results
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:04:14 +0100

> $ grep ^FAIL src/odbc/nohup.out
> FAIL: genparams
> FAIL: cursor1
> FAIL: scroll
> FAIL: describecol

:(
describecol is expected
scroll and cursor1 are work in progress but should work with a mssql2k
(I don't know with mssql2005, I know they not work on sybase)
genparams... this is a problem. It should work! Looking at log it seems
a problem with bigint (64 bit). You should check if configure detect
correctly 64 bit type.

> I installed unixODBC-2.2.12 at home, and then built
> --with-odbc-nodm=/usr/local.
>
> First problem was I couldn't compile the unit tests because
> of line 70 in
> common.c:
>

> in = fopen(".." TDS_SDIR_SEPARATOR ".." TDS_SDIR_SEPARATOR ".."
> TDS_SDIR_SEPARATOR "PWD", "r");
>
> The TDS_SDIR_SEPARATOR is unnecessary IMO. Microsoft's C
> runtime library
> accepts '/' as a directory separator, cf.
> http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~main/cs1300/include/stdio.h. I'm
> not sure why
> it didn't compile. I changed the line to use the same path as in the
> dblib unit tests. (Do they work in Win32?)

Probably works. Consider that windows nt is posix something compliant.
However the code you spot compile on my machine (even on windows...)

> Then everything compiled. On linking, I got these errors:
>
> *** Warning: Linking the executable [name] against the loadable module
> *** libtdsodbc.so is not portable!
>
> Is that normal?

thay are warnings and yes they are normal. I think libtool should use
-rpath instead of raisnig a warning but currently it throw the warning.

> The good news is that only 4 of the 45 tests failed, log
> attached. The
> bad news is that's not the same set as failed on
> http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test/.

array and raiserror fail only if compiled with --enable-developing flag.

> I then tried out unixODBC's isql. (One annoying misfeature
> is that you
> have to use the -v option to see some error messages.) I
> reproduced an
> error Nick reported some time ago:
>
> $ isql -v $S $U $P
> SQL> print 'hello' print 'goodbye'
> [][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]goodbye
> [][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]hello
> [ISQL]INFO: SQLExecute returned SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO
> SQLRowCount returns -1
>
> I believe those messages are retrieved by SQLError in the DM; when I
> modify the code to call SQLGetDiagRec and display the
> messages ordered by
> RecNumber, I get this:
>
> SQL> print 'hello' print 'goodbye'
> [][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]goodbye
> [][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]hello
> [ISQL]INFO: SQLExecute returned SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO
> error 0 []: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]hello
> error 0 []: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]goodbye
> SQLRowCount returns -1
>
> (The empty brakets [] indicate Sqlstate is not set.)
>
> Puzzling.

SqlState not set ?? Quite strange... there are many places where state
is checked and replaced by a default...
My isql do not even print messages :(

freddy77

  • [freetds] odbc unit test results, James K. Lowden, 01/21/2007
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [freetds] odbc unit test results, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 01/22/2007