freetds - [freetds] odbc unit test results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] odbc unit test results
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:36:40 -0500

$ grep ^FAIL src/odbc/nohup.out
FAIL: genparams
FAIL: cursor1
FAIL: scroll
FAIL: describecol

I installed unixODBC-2.2.12 at home, and then built
--with-odbc-nodm=/usr/local.

First problem was I couldn't compile the unit tests because of line 70 in
common.c:

in = fopen(".." TDS_SDIR_SEPARATOR ".." TDS_SDIR_SEPARATOR ".."
TDS_SDIR_SEPARATOR "PWD", "r");

The TDS_SDIR_SEPARATOR is unnecessary IMO. Microsoft's C runtime library
accepts '/' as a directory separator, cf.
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~main/cs1300/include/stdio.h. I'm not sure why
it didn't compile. I changed the line to use the same path as in the
dblib unit tests. (Do they work in Win32?)

Then everything compiled. On linking, I got these errors:

*** Warning: Linking the executable [name] against the loadable module
*** libtdsodbc.so is not portable!

Is that normal?

The good news is that only 4 of the 45 tests failed, log attached. The
bad news is that's not the same set as failed on
http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test/.

I then tried out unixODBC's isql. (One annoying misfeature is that you
have to use the -v option to see some error messages.) I reproduced an
error Nick reported some time ago:

$ isql -v $S $U $P
SQL> print 'hello' print 'goodbye'
[][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]goodbye
[][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]hello
[ISQL]INFO: SQLExecute returned SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO
SQLRowCount returns -1

I believe those messages are retrieved by SQLError in the DM; when I
modify the code to call SQLGetDiagRec and display the messages ordered by
RecNumber, I get this:

SQL> print 'hello' print 'goodbye'
[][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]goodbye
[][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]hello
[ISQL]INFO: SQLExecute returned SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO
error 0 []: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]hello
error 0 []: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]goodbye
SQLRowCount returns -1

(The empty brakets [] indicate Sqlstate is not set.)

Puzzling.