freetds - Re: [freetds] installation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Matt Davies" <tonmatt AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] installation
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 13:37:39 +0000

I've got that workign fine on that box using the sample script here

http://b3d70.blogspot.com/2006/04/pymssql-example-script.html

Now on the box where I actually need to get it working I'm getting a
different error.

Heres the details

Python 2.4.3 (#1, Jun 13 2006, 11:46:08)

./configure --enable-msdblib

this runs fine

make
cd . && /bin/sh /usr/src/freetds-0.1/missing --run automake-1.9 --gnu
Makefile
configure.in:18: version mismatch. This is Automake 1.9.6,
configure.in:18: but the definition used by this AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.in:18: comes from Automake 1.9.5. You should recreate
configure.in:18: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake again.
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1

I'm pretty sure I need to recreate aclocal.m4 with aclocal and then run
automake again. But will this have any impact on the current installs of
python and the rest of the software running?

it's a live machine, so I'm a bit worried.

Although it seems like I"ll just be telling the install procedure to use an
older version of itself for one install, and I suppose I can switch it back
to the new version after the install??

Getting there

I only seem to be getting one email per day, I wanted to get them as live,
does anyone know what I need to change in my settings for the mailing list?