freetds - [freetds] Can't load ODBC.so

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Nguyen, Thi X." <tnguyen AT powertv.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Can't load ODBC.so
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:12:13 -0800

Hi,

I am using a perl script that communicates to a MS-SQL databse from a
RedHat box.
I am using the follwing components:
-- freetds-0.64
-- DBD-ODBC-1.13
-- DBI-1.52
-- perl-5.8.5

The Perl script works fine as user1. From a terminal, I run it mannually
from the home directory
[user1@MyMachine ~]$ perl myscript.pl

The problem is that when I submit a cron job
* * * * * perl /home/user1/myscript.pl

The error is below:

install_driver(ODBC) failed: Can't load
'/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/ODBC/OD
BC.so' for module DBD::ODBC: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at (eval 10) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at /home/bldsvr/Lnx_startbld.pl line 230

The script also fails to run, as anyother user including root, with the
same error.
Do I need to reinstall any component listed above? I appreciate any
help.

Thi Nguyen

- - - - - Appended by Scientific Atlanta, a Cisco company - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is
confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The
information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete it from your computer.