freetds - Re: [freetds] Executing long SQL statements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <james.k.lowden AT alliancebernstein.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Executing long SQL statements
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:59:47 -0500

TDS accepts very long queries; I'm not sure there's a limitation even in
4.2. There was a report on October 3, 2006 that unixODBC's isql
truncates queries
[https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2006q4/020673.html]. I
think you'll find, though, that our tsql and bsqldb do not.

If it's not an isql problem, you might want to post a TDSDUMP log here
to illustrate it. If it is, you might want to report it. :-)

HTH.

The information contained in this transmission may be privileged and
confidential and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review,
dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply
e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not
accept
account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be
responsible
for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. If you, as the intended
recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our clients,
prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services and products, would
not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply"
to the
sender indicating your wishes. In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New
York,
NY 10105.