freetds - [freetds] Executing long SQL statements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marko Nikolic <marko.nikolic AT dmsgroup.co.yu>
  • To: FreeTDS Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Executing long SQL statements
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:43:27 +0100

Hello,

I have a trouble with executing long SQL statements (> 255 characters) on
Sybase SQL Server when using Free TDS. Statements are truncated, an I am
looking for some method of solving this issue. As I found out in some
manuals, TDS version 4.2 have problems with varchar grater then 255
characters, is the same apply to TDS 5.0 ? Some other proprietary odbc
drivers (DataDirect, for example) allow executing long queries. Is there some
workaround for this limitation ?

Configuration I am using is:

Sybase SQL Server 12.5.3. on HP-UX
FreeTDS, TDS_VER=5.0