freetds - [freetds] Setting for returned column size in FreeTDS?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Tozier <kentozier AT comcast.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Setting for returned column size in FreeTDS?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:55:08 -0400

Hi

I'm having this puzzling problem where the largest size column data I can get back is 255 characters regardless of how much the column field might contain. I'm not sure if this is caused by a MSSQL setting or a FreeTDS one. Is there some prefs/settings file that puts a cap on how much data to return for a column? Or does this sound like it's something in MSSQL that's causing the problem?

I'm not having these types of problems with MySQL so it must be either FreeTDS or MSSQL

Thanks

Ken