freetds - Re: [freetds] segmentation fault when null field encountered

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "Adam Perks" <adamperks81 AT gmail.com>, "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] segmentation fault when null field encountered
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:19:57 +0200

> Hi All,
>
> I have FreeTDS working on two machines: and i386 and an x64
> both running Fedora Core 4 32bit and 64bit versions
> respectively. The i386 machine works fine, however the x64
> crashes when a null result is returned with $whatever =
> odbc_result($result, 1);
>
> Both PCs are set up the same, and I installed the FC4 FreeTDS
> packages in the same way. isql & tsql also work perfectly
> with both and I have configured the FreeTDS configuration &
> unixODBC configurations the same. The necessary PHP modules
> have also been installed and configured correctly.

Well, so you are using a PHP script with a stack like

PHP <=> php_odbc <=> ODBC <=> FreeTDS <=> sql server

I suspect a bug in one of the first 4... probably from php_odbc to
FreeTDS.

I would
- simplify script at minimun
- be able to execute script from command line
- enale core (ulimit -c unlimited)
- launch script (php script.php)
- load core with gdb (gdb $(which php) core.xxx)
- dump stack (bt)

> Does this seem like a problem relating the 64bit FC4 package
> or something else?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated- I have spent three
> days trying to get this to work!

Currently I don't have a x64 environment to play with :)