freetds - [freetds] segmentation fault when null field encountered

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Adam Perks" <adamperks81 AT gmail.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] segmentation fault when null field encountered
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:43:44 +1000

Hi All,

I have FreeTDS working on two machines: and i386 and an x64 both running
Fedora Core 4 32bit and 64bit versions respectively. The i386 machine works
fine, however the x64 crashes when a null result is returned with $whatever =
odbc_result($result, 1);

Both PCs are set up the same, and I installed the FC4 FreeTDS packages in the
same way. isql & tsql also work perfectly with both and I have configured
the FreeTDS configuration & unixODBC configurations the same. The necessary
PHP modules have also been installed and configured correctly.

Does this seem like a problem relating the 64bit FC4 package or something
else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated- I have spent three days trying to get
this to work!