freetds - Re: [freetds] SQLFetch broken in HEAD?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQLFetch broken in HEAD?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 11:46:54 -0400

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:

> > I'm interested to know if it's right and if it works for you. :-)
>
> Well... it depends on what is the expected behavior... written as it's
> written currently it write
>
> error: expected at least 15 rows to be returned, found 0
>
> and it exit with 1. Well, this is the correct behavior for ODBC, but I
> think that intention for any tests should be return 0 for expected
> behavior...

It returns 1 because that's *not* expected. Not by me, anyway.

The SELECT statement is "SELECT name from systypes". I use the same query
in src/dblib/unittests/rpc.c. It should return at least 15 rows (24 on a
Microsoft server).

I don't understand why SQLFetch returns SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND the first time
it's called. How is that "correct behavior for ODBC"? What else am I
supposed to do to get the data?