freetds - Re: [freetds] [nativecode=00000 "ÂÁ@] error when doing query

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [nativecode=00000 "ÂÁ@] error when doing query
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:27:34 +0200

Il giorno gio, 22/06/2006 alle 17.42 +0200, Sims, Benjamin ha scritto:
> Hi,
>

> I have an application written in PHP, which uses unixODBC and FreeTDS to
> connect to a MSSQL server. For some reason, when I run a particular query
> (a very simple select on a single table) as part of an object which makes a
> lot of other queries the database throws the following error:
>

> [nativecode=00000 "ÂÁ@]
>

> In every other circumstance (the function used on its own, isql, etc) the
> query appears to work perfectly normally.
>

> Would anybody have any ideas as to where I should start looking for the
> source of this? I realize it may not even be FreeTDS, but this list was the
> only one on which I could find even slightly similar errors discussed.

Probably you are in the right place... this should be cause by our ODBC
that return SQL_ERROR without setting an error. This should cause the
garbage print you have. Is difficult however to understand the error...
one option is that server close connection. If you are able to reproduce
the error a TDSDUMP would be helpful.