freetds - [freetds] Don't know what to tell Makefile.PL for DBD::Sybase on Centos

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ed Ahlsen-Girard" <Ed.Ahlsen-girard AT tybrin.com>
  • To: <FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Don't know what to tell Makefile.PL for DBD::Sybase on Centos
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 17:39:52 -0500

I have installed freetds on a Centos server (Enterprise Red Hat clone).
I am trying to install DBD::Sybase (a perl module) to talk to it, but it
seems that no matter what I set SYBASE to in the environment or in
CONFIG, Makefile.PL dies thus:

Please set SYBASE in CONFIG, or set the $SYBASE environment variable at
Makefile.PL line 98, <IN> line 44.

I am not highly experienced with Linux, but I can tell that wherever
freetds is installed, it is not in /usr/local/freetds, which is commonly
recommended as a default location. There IS no /usr/local/freetds, file
or directory.

Any insight will be sycophantically appreciated.

--

Ed Ahlsen-Girard
Network Administrator