freetds - Re: [freetds] Using FreeTDS ODBC on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Navdeep Shergill" <jatshergill AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Using FreeTDS ODBC on Windows
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 08:27:56 -0700

Hi Freddy
I used the following string as you suggested:
Driver=FreeTDS;Servername=my_server;UID=username;PWD=passwd;TDS_Version=7.0
This had no change on the results that I was seeing before. One other piece
of information that may help you is that if I make a connection using a DSN
that is specified in the ODBC.ini (and registry) file; I see the following
sequence in the SQL profiler.
Batch starting -> stmt starting -> stmt completed -> batch completed.
But If I make a connection using a dsn specified in the FREETDS conf file;
here is the sequence that I see in the PROFILER
Batch starting -> batch completed
Does this shed some more light on the issue?

Thanks
Nav