freetds - Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase no /usr/local/freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: 20050303 <20050303 AT krets.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase no /usr/local/freetds
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:22:32 -0800

I just wanted to put my solution out there.

I had originally installed from an RPM before that I got from
http://phprpms.sourceforge.net/mssql . This worked great for getting
php running with freeTDS, but I needed to ./configure;make;su
root;make install; to get cpan>install DBD::Sybase to install.

I believe this RPM from phprpms did not have all the necessary files.
I had tried installing with SYBASE=/usr/local before, and it did not
work. After installing from source with SYBASE the same, it all
worked.

Thanks for the push jkl,
--jk

Also, I needed to do a 'force install' of DBD::Sybase because it fails
most of the database tests when connecting to an MSSQL server. I
assume this is to be expected.